For those of you who read the title fully, I’m about to be redundant. Barely Rebellious has been up and running for five weeks. I was super pumped when I started it and I’m even more excited about it now that I’ve gotten into a good rhythm – and forgiven myself for having a life and not always sticking to my schedule.
This week, I’d like to share with you that this site has helped me to express myself with a fresh start. And I had the option of letting it be anonymous, but I’ve instead taken conscious risks to be authentic to myself and my life. There will always be people who will read what I write and hate it. There will always be others nodding along and loving every second.
But the real crux of the issue is how to make my writing timely, appealing, interesting, and still write what I know.
I suppose this will always be a struggle in a public forum, but this week I took a plunge and shared a very personal memory and it was well-received. For your kind words, good thoughts, and silent prayers, I’m thankful.
And now, to the quick thoughts:
- Since yesterday, I have learned some things about my hair: it parts strangely on the back of my head, the back of my head is basically flat, with this hair cut I have to fight volume, my bedhead wasn’t bad, and it now takes just 28 seconds to blow dry it – but it gets really poufy, so I doubt I’ll do that often, if I can help it.
- I’ve never felt capable of such badassery and hijinks in all my life.
- That being said, I felt like people were treating me like less of a woman than they did when I had long hair. Then again, I was roaming Target in sweatpants and a Downton Tabby shirt. And I’m learning to style a new hair cut. So who cares?
- I just used Dr. Bronner’s 18-in-1 soap for the first time tonight. It smelled amazing – peppermint.
- I purchased a king size fuzzy blanket today. I can be a burrito now. Hello, hibernation, my sweet!
- I’m thankful for the people in my life who support me.
- I have witnessed two attitudes this week: unconditional love and conditional love. I hope to be able to love so unconditionally someday.
- I’m watching The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood and heartily enjoying Maggie Smith’s Southern accent.
- I’m glad I got my hair cut, though I am having a hard time looking at pictures of my long hair.
Week two of coconut oil cleansing is still going well and my skin is still generally awesome! My zits are drying up and it’s still glowing!
- I’m not looking forward to cleaning the litter box tomorrow morning, but I’m looking forward to the rest of Saturday!
- This week has been tough, but things will get better.
- Tom is so, so good to me. In answer to my constant questions and need for reassurance, he said, “You’ll be my cutie whether you have short hair or long hair.” When he came in and saw my pixie, he exclaimed, “CUTIE!” Best husband award.
- I’m excited about an unscented styling cream coming in the mail Tuesday. Having not worn styling products and suffering from allergies led to a bad reaction in Target this morning. (sneezing fits are never fun)
- I’m simply amazed by how successful this blog has been according to readership. Thank you all so much for clicking links and wanting to read my stuff. I’ve had 928 all time views, which blows me away!
Thank you for reading, caring, and enjoying this little world-stained window into my life.
You have helped me embrace my rebelliousness and subversiveness.
This week I got the pixie to prove it.
P.S.: I’m sure I’ll stop talking about my hair once I get used to it.